I’ve been slacking on my quest to bring to mind the things that make me happy and focus on these, instead of falling into the common trap of focusing on negative things.
And so…Part III of things that make me happy…enjoy.
– My morning cup of coffee makes me happy. I consider myself to be a morning person – I can smile and laugh and chat and what-not…but…I generally am not 100% awake and happy until I’ve had my morning Cuppa Joe. And it’s not just a normal Cuppa Joe – nope – my coffee mug is probably the size of 2 mugs – it’s more of a coffee basin. My routine in the morning is simple – I walk to my cubicle, switch on my PC and make my way to the kitchen where I proceed to make some yummy filter coffee for myself and the other coffee addicts who are crazy enough to be at work at 6.30am. This is one of the happiest parts of my day – I literally get excited when the coffee starts to brew and that smell hits me right between the eyes!
– Eating fresh veggies – like corn – from my dad’s vegetable garden makes me (super) happy! For me, there’s just something so much nicer about eating veggies that come from the family vegetable patch. I know the little veg dudes have been cared for by my pops, and they’ve been given the person touch – so they’re so much sweeter! (Perhaps all in my head, but I don’t care!)
– Watching movies in German makes me happy. I’m currently attending German classes and in an attempt to fast-track the process and get as much practice as possible, GH sent me some flicks, in German. One of them just so happens to be one of my favourite movies – ‘Elizabeth – The Golden Age’. It was a little daunting at first – the thought of watching a movie in a language I don’t understand, but in actual fact, it’s not that bad at all 🙂
– Watching Survivor on a Monday night and Top Chef on a Wednesday night makes me happy.
– The smell of Cape Town’s ocean in the early morning hours makes me happy. There’s just something so comforting and relaxing about it. And at night, if there’s mist that’s rolled off the ocean and found its way into the streets, the foghorn near Mouille Point can be heard – this too, late at night, is a very comforting and relaxing sound that makes me happy.
** End of Part III**